Jesus is ALIVE

“Don’t worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart. And God’s peace, which is far beyond human understanding will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Christ Jesus.” (St Paul to Philippians 4:6-7)

33 Biblical “I AM” Affirmations for Catholics

 #1. I am a soldier in the battle (2 Timothy 2:3). “Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my arms for battle, who prepares my hands for war” (Psalm 144:1). In this Exercise, I will wield the divine weapon of God’s holy Word to fight the good fight (Hebrews 4:12, 1 Timothy 6:12). And I will boldly proclaim the truth that God has revealed to me about my identity (Ephesians 4:15).

 

#2. I am a warrior for the Lord (2 Corinthians 4:7-12). There is a war going on in my mind – and I will engage in this battle today (Exodus 15:3). In this Exercise, I will put on the mind of Christ and deliberately think about what is good, what is true, what is beautiful, and what is loving (1 Corinthians 2:16, Philippians 4:8). And so here we go…

 

#3. I am a beloved son (daughter) of the Father (Mark 1:11). This is not just a nice thing God says about me – this is my true and deepest identity (1 John 3:1). God is my Father – and I am His son (daughter) (2 Corinthians 6:18).

 

#4. I am the cause of the Father’s joy (Isaiah 62:4). This is not some pious idea – this is a core reality of who I am (Isaiah 62:5). I bring joy to the heart of my heavenly Father – and he delights in me (Mark 1:11).

 

#5. I am God’s masterpiece (Ephesians 2:10). This is not some proud statement – this is a fact that God has revealed to me (Jeremiah 1:5). God has formed me in his own image – and I am his treasured possession (Genesis 1:27, 1 Peter 2:9).

 

#6. I am fathered by God (Isaiah 64:8). The Father is active in my formation (Ephesians 2:10). The Father is committed to my growth (Hebrews 12:5-11). And he is always fathering me (James 1:17).

 

#7. I am cared for by God (1 Peter 5:7). The Father knows me by name (Isaiah 43:1). The Father knows my heart (Psalm 139:1-4). And he cares for me (Jeremiah 29:11).

 

#8. I am loved by God (1 John 4:9). The Father holds nothing back in loving me – all that He has is mine (Luke 15:8). The Father has shown me this love on the Cross and given me this love in the Eucharist (1 John 3:16, John 6:54-57). And he is always labouring to love me (1 John 4:16).

 

#9. I am rescued (Colossians 1:13). The Father has rescued me from the dominion of darkness (Colossians 1:13). The Father has transferred me into the Kingdom of his beloved Son (Colossians 1:13). And he has claimed me as his own (Isaiah 43:1).

 

#10. I am blessed (Ephesians 1:3). The Father “has blessed me in Christ with every spiritual blessing” (Ephesians 1:3). I don’t have to grasp for anything (Genesis 2:6). I don’t have to prove myself to anyone (Galatians 1:10). I have everything that I need because I am blessed (Philippians 4:19).

 

#11. I am chosen (John 15:16). The Father “has chosen me in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless before him in love” (Ephesians 1:4). My life has meaning – my life has purpose (1 Corinthians 10:31). I am chosen for greatness (1 Peter 2:9).

 

#12. I am a friend of Jesus (John 15:15). All that Jesus asks of me today is to be His friend and live every moment in the grace of this divine friendship (John 15:9). Everything that I want and desire – all my happiness and all my holiness – follows from friendship with Christ (John 15:11, 16).

 

#13. I am never alone (Joshua 1:9). Jesus is with me always – especially right now (Matthew 28:20). Even if I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for Jesus is with me; his rod and his staff, they comfort me (Psalm 23:4).

 

#14. I am worth the death of Jesus Christ (Romans 5:8). That’s how much God loves me (John 3:16).

 

#15. I am secure in Christ’s love (2 Corinthians 1:22). Nothing and no one can separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus my Lord (Roman 8:39). 

 

#16. I am not the Messiah (John 1:20). I do not have to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders (Matthew 11:28-30). I can allow God to be God and me to be me (Isaiah 46:9).

 

#17. I am not my past (Isaiah 43:18). I no longer define myself by my past sins, flaws, failures, or brokenness (John 21:15-19). For I am a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). And Jesus is making all things new in my life (Revelation 21:5).

 

#18. I am no longer a slave to sin (Romans 6:6). I reject a life of sin and refuse to be mastered by it (1 Corinthians 15:34). For Christ has set me free for a life of freedom (Galatians 5:1). And so I choose to live this day freely as a child of God (Romans 8:21).

 

#19. I am a temple of the living God (1 Corinthians 6:19). The Father has made His home in me (1 John 4:16). The Holy Spirit lives in me (1 Corinthians 3:16). Jesus abides in me (John 15:4).

 

#20. I am guided by the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16). Today, I choose to follow the Spirit’s lead in the ways of “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23).

 

#21. I am grateful (Psalm 7:17). “I thank you, Lord, for the wonder of my being and the wonders of all your creation” (Psalm 139:13). I thank You – I praise You – I bless you: “One day within your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere” (Psalm 84:10).

 

#22. I am fearless (2 Timothy 1:7). “The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1). I am strong – I am courageous – I am bold: “With God I shall do bravely, and he will trample down all my foes” (Psalm 60:12).

 

#23. I am confident (Psalm 27:3). I trust in Jesus’ word that “all things are possible for the one who has faith” (Mark 9:23). And so, I place all my trust – all my hope – all my faith – in Jesus: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).

 

#24. I am sacrificial (Romans 12:1). I offer up and consecrate all of my prayers, works, joys and sufferings this day for the intentions and the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (John 17:19, 1 Peter 2:5). And I choose to live sacrificially for the salvation of souls (Colossians 1:24).

 

#25. I am patient (1 Corinthians 13:4). I will not rush or hurry any task today (Proverbs 19:2). I will slow down and allow the peace of Christ to set the rhythm and pace for me (Colossians 3:15).

 

#26. I am present to this moment (Matthew 6:34). I surrender my past to God’s mercy and my future to God’s providence (Isaiah 43:18-19, Jeremiah 29:11). Only this present moment is precious to me (Romans 12:2).

 

#27. I am a man (woman) of prayer (Psalm 141:2). I use the full power and authority of Jesus Christ in prayer to take captive every evil thought (2 Corinthians 10:4-5, Matthew 28:18). And whenever I pray, I am engaging in the most effective missionary work for the salvation of souls (John 15:4-5, James 5:16).

 

#28. I am surrounded right now by a great cloud of witnesses – Mary, Joseph, and all the angels and saints – are cheering me on to run the race set before me today (Hebrews 12:1). And so, I will lay aside every addiction, attachment and wrong desire and I will run this race with courage, conviction, and confidence (Hebrews 12:1-2).

 

#29. I am consecrated to Mary (John 19:26-27). Mary is my spiritual mother – she takes care of me (Luke 1:56). And Mary is a warrior queen – she crushes the head of the serpent (Genesis 3:15).

 

#30. I am consecrated to St. Joseph (Matthew 1:25). St. Joseph is my spiritual father – he provides for me (Genesis 41:55). And St. Joseph is a terror of demons – he shields me from the enemy (Isaiah 19:1).

 

#31. I am protected by my Guardian Angel (Matthew 18:10). I have an angelic warrior from heaven who defends me from all evil (Psalm 91:11). And my Guardian Angel is a saint-maker who guides me in the paths of holiness (Psalm 34:7).

 

#2. I am on the journey (Psalm 23). The Lord is my shepherd and I lack nothing on the journey of life (Psalm 23:1). As a pilgrim awaiting my true home in heaven, I embrace the journey that God has placed before me (Hebrews 11:16). And I will courageously pursue the dreams that God has placed in my heart (Ecclesiastes 3:11).

 

#33. And finally, I am certain that all things in my life today will work together for good (Romans 8:28). Yes, Lord, you can make everything in my life work together for a good purpose (Romans 8:28). Because you are that good – and I love you! (Ezra 3:11).

 

“O the happiness of the man who has filled his quiver with these arrows!” (Psalm 127).

Credit to https://fatherconlin.com/2021/08/20/33-biblical-i-am-affirmations-for-catholics/

Evangelize with FIRE - Now - Using Media Tools

Recent Spiritual Topics

Most Popular Catholic Prayers